There are many Zamindar Houses establish in Bangladesh. Ghughudanga Zamindar Bari is one of them. Ghughudanga Zamindar Bari was official residential place and also seat of the Ghughudanga Zamindar family. Ghughudanga Zamindar Bari was situated in Dinajpur on the banks of the Puronvoba River. During the 1971 Bangladesh liberation war, this palace was destroyed by Pakistani soldiers.
Location of Ghughudanga:
The Ghughudanga village is situated in Dinajpur District. It is six mile away from Dianpur sadar. Left side of Purnovoba River Ghughudanga situated and east side of Purnovoba River Kotiborsho situated which was also known as Debkot. Kotiborsho was administration center of Guptopal. In Bangali 1204 to 1205 Iktiar uddin Mohammad Bakhtiar Khalji after capturing Bangali, he established his first city in Lakhnaw then he established his city in Debkot.
During the last stage of the British pried, Ghughudanga was most important among the Muslim Zemindars. During that time Dinajpur district was undivided, there was thirty police stations in this Ghughudanga Estate. In that time this Estate store the annual lease amount of one lakh Taka. In Ghughudanga Estate there were fourth one Tehsils, eighty Peydas and Barkandaz to coveirht thirty police stations. This Estate has two old office buildings in Kuthibari at Eidgah Bosti (Present Eidgah Residential Area) of Dinajpur Town. The main residential building of the Ghughudanga Zaminder family was build at Ghughudanga village. Now most of the members of this Zaminder family stay in Eidgah Residential Area at Dinajpur.
Ghughudanga Zamindari was located within 11 thanas. Such as
Construction and Antic Pieces:
Ghughudanga Zamindar Bari was constructed in style of Indo Saracenic Revival architecture. Before the liberation war of Bangladesh this building stood with his beauty. Before the war in 1971, there had some antic pieces now some of those kept in national museum Bangladesh. List of some antic pieces of Ghughudanga Zamindar Bari are below:
Most of the antic pieces are looted by Pakistani army during the liberation war in 1971. After the partition of India most of the areas of Ghughudanga Estate area fell in India.
Contribution on Liberation war:
In 1971, 25th march after the starting of genocide, the Bangali Army, EPR, Police, 1500 member of freedom fighter, twenty two vehicles with lots of arms established camp in Ghughudanga. During the war also the common people and public/private officers of Dinajpur town take shelter in Ghughudanga Zamindar bari. The family member of this Zamindar took care of those people, arrangements food and medical for those people, officers and freedom fighters. When the Pakistani army near in Ghughudanga then the family members of Zamindar and the common people, officers leave Ghughudanga and go to India to take shelter. Pakistan military destroy Ghughudanga Zamindar bari for helping freedom fighters of Bangladesh. After the Independent, the family members of Ghughudanga Zamindar came back from India and they establish their home in Eidgha R/A at Dinajpur because Pakistan military destroy their cottage.